Friday, November 20, 2009

James 3

James lays the law down in Chapter 3! He really makes you reflect on what you say. He says, "But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire. And the tongue is a flame of fire". Our words can be like a catalyst, eith in a good way or bad way. If it's in a bad way, it's really bad! If it's in a good, poistive way, it's really good! He lets us know that we need to keep ourselves in check on what we say.

It's crazy that what we say can affect people in so many ways. Thay's why I think with family or friends, it's always important to think about what you say before you let it come our of your mouth. You can never take words back. People may forgive you, but unlike God, they don't forget. Our words can really hurt people and damage realtionships. I'd like to think that I'm pretty good about watching what I say when I'm upset or angry. I like to keep in mind, "Never make an important decision in a heightened state of emotion." I think the same goes for my words.

In the last part of James 3, he tells us to be a good person. We shouldn't be selfish or jealous, and then try to hide that. He basically is telling us not to be fake. But instead to figure out what type of person we are, and if we need improvement, then improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment