Friday, November 20, 2009

Hebrews 12

Laura:
Hebrews 12 is really encouraging. The chapter starts out with, "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith". It's saying that it's okay to mess up and fail. God forgives and forgets. Even if sometimes it's hard for us to get over our mistakes, it's comforting knowing that God totally lets you start out with a new slate.

We are supposed to focus on Jesus, and not let anything else get in our way. No matter what we're going through, we can endure through God. Anytime we feel like giving up or losing faith, God can give us strength. The main key is to stay focused on Him, and we can overcome anything.

"No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way." This helps me to not give up. School is hard but when I give my best, the results are good. I just have to make sure I'm always giving my best. And in college, when I start to get overwhelmed with all the work and stress, I'll be able to think of this verse. After our last volleyball game Mr. Moland told us, "Finish what you start. Never give up, never quit, never wimp out. FINISH what you start". I'll keep that in my head throughout life, and I think I see where he got this from - Hebrews 12:11.

No comments:

Post a Comment